Home of the Original Nude Volleyball Superbowl!
White Thorn Lodge is a private family nudist
club nestled in the hills of Western Pennsylvania, an hour or so from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Erie, Canton and Wheeling.
Since White Thorn's inception as a member-owned cooperative club in
1961, we have worked to create a relaxing natural haven in our more
than 200 wooded acres. We are proud of our friendly family atmosphere,
our campgrounds, our sports and recreational facilities, our weekend events, and especially the opportunity for renewal that is unique to the nudist experience.
- Installed last year and gaining popularity: Two pickleball courts, players/learners welcome! Rackets and balls can be found at the tennis pavillon.
The 6th. Annual State Line Streak, a Nude 5K run, and other fun competitions, returns on July 7th to 9th.
The weekend starts on Friday with dinner, music and games while Saturday includes the Streak 5k, thirsty mile, pool games, scavenger hunt, and "Anything But Clothes" party.
Download the PDF flier, or go directly to the registration page.
Here is a link to last year's 5k course map and this year will most likely follow the same route.
- White Thorn was featured in a 2015 article by Jessica Contrera of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Read it here: Multimillion Dollar Nude Tourism Industry
Since 1962, White Thorn has been affiliated with the AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation) and its regional
association AANR-East (American Association for Nude Recreation - Eastern Region, Inc.) as a full-member club.
White Thorn Lodge is a private membership club; however, we welcome
guests during our summer season from Memorial Day through the weekend
after Labor Day. Tell us about yourself by e-mail, and we can invite
you for a visit.
Home of the Original Naked Volleyball Superbowl!
We invite you to attend our famous Naked Volleyball Superbowl, which we’ve
held every year since 1971 on the weekend after Labor Day. Since 2003, this event includes a whole
week of competition, with 3's and 4's tournaments during the week, and with a special Volleyball Nakation package. Send us an
e-mail with your name and mailing address if you would like to be added to our Superbowl mailing list.
Sports and Recreational Facilities
- 40’ x 60’ clubhouse, with tree-shaded outdoor deck
- Sand, Blacktop and grass volleyball courts
- New in 2016: Two Pickleball courts!
- Tennis, basketball, bocci, and horseshoe courts
- Two modern bathhouses with indoor and outdoor showers
- New Heated swimming pool
- New In-ground therapy pool (102°)
- Gazebo-enclosed hot tub (104°)
- Supervised junior clubhouse
- Snack bar operated by members
- Miles of wooded hiking trails
- Tent, trailer and RV sites for vacation, weekend, and overnight campers
- Water and electrical hook-ups, dump station
- Rental sleeping rooms (Telephone reservations only!)
- People friendly pets are welcome in restriced areas only. (Except during Superbowl!)
- Enclosed dog park available for unleashed pet exercise. (Except during Superbowl!)