White Thorn Lodge is a private family nudist
club nestled in the hills of Western Pennsylvania, an hour or so from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Erie, Canton and Wheeling.
Since White Thorn's inception as a member-owned cooperative club in
1961, we have worked to create a relaxing natural haven in our more
than 200 wooded acres. We are proud of our friendly family atmosphere,
our campgrounds, our sports and recreational facilities, our weekend events, and especially the opportunity for renewal that is unique to the nudist experience.
- Announcing for 2013… White Thorn welcomes the next generation with discounts for young adults under 30 and members of Young Naturists America. Children under 18 are always admitted free with an accompaning guardian.
- The State Line Streak, a nude 5K run/walk, returns on July 13th. Download the PDF flier,
visit the Butts A'Runnin web site for details, or go directly to the registration page.
Since 1962, White Thorn has been affiliated with the AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation) and its regional
association AANR-East (American Association for Nude Recreation - Eastern Region, Inc.) as a full-member club.
White Thorn Lodge is a private membership club; however, we welcome
guests during our summer season from Memorial Day through the weekend
after Labor Day. Tell us about yourself by e-mail, and we can invite
you for a visit.
Home of the Original Nude Volleyball Superbowl!
We invite you to attend our famous Nude Volleyball Superbowl, which we’ve
held every year since 1971 on the weekend after Labor Day. Send us an
e-mail with your name and mailing address if you would like to be added
to our Superbowl mailing list.
Sports and Recreational Facilities
- 40’ x 60’ clubhouse, with tree-shaded outdoor deck
- Sand, Blacktop and grass volleyball courts
- Tennis, basketball, bocci, shuffleboard, and horseshoe courts
- Two modern bathhouses with indoor and outdoor showers
- Heated swimming pool
- Gazebo-enclosed hot tub
- Supervised junior clubhouse
- Snack bar operated by members
- Miles of wooded hiking trails
- Tent, trailer and RV sites for vacation, weekend, and overnight campers
- Water and electrical hook-ups, dump station
- Rental sleeping rooms (Telephone reservations only!)
- People friendly pets are welcome in restriced areas only. (Except during Superbowl!)
- Enclosed dog park available for unleashed pet exercise. (Except during Superbowl!)